Day 9 – Pentecost Novena – Communion with the Whole World through our use of Social Media
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]We find ourselves in a digital age where the rate and speed of communication surpasses all our expectations. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – 20 years ago we could never imagine these things would be possible. But now they are a major part of our daily lives. Father Arnold recognized the great potential of media in his day to promote God’s Kingdom and no doubt he would expect the same from us in our day. Speaking on the topic of social media, Pope Francis stated: “It is not technology which determines whether or not communication is authentic, but rather the human heart and our capacity to use wisely the means at our disposal”. He also added: “This is a gift of God which involves a great responsibility.” (www.catholicherald.uk) The challenge facing us today is to use social media in such a way that it facilitates the deepening of our relationships with one another and so create greater communion among people.
Intercessions: Canticle of the Media of Social Communication
- Blessed be the Lord our God, for our sister, the printed word, food for the intellect and light for the soul.
Blessed be the Lord our God
- We pray to you, Lord, for all the journalists of the world, cartoon and poster designers, publicity artists.
- Fill with the light of your wisdom writers, printers, distributors, and readers; keep them in your love and at the humble service of truth.
- Praise be to you, O Lord, for our brother Cinema and his dynamic story-telling. He has the fascinating power of dialogue, drama, music and visual.
- Guide, O Lord, producers, directors, actors and audiences towards all that is true and good, all that celebrated life and love of God.
- Blessed be the Lord our God for our sister Radio who walks on the wings of the wine and makes the earth seem small.
- We pray for all radio stations and transmitters; may this gift of God and work of humans be used for the freedom, growth, and unity of all your children.
- Praise be to you, O Lord, for television. May this pulpit in the heart of every home not disturb but increase harmony in families and prepare a people guided by Gospel values.
- Praise be to you, Lord God, for email and internet, CD, FAX, cellphone, social media, and all the powerful means for the service of communication in the world and your Kingdom. May they sing your praise and glory.
- We Praise, O Lord, for the unending Pentecost of your creative Holy Spirit which enables your sons and daughters to catch fire from your Truth, Beauty and Goodness.
(Based on prayer by Blessed James Alberione)[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_btn title=”See more” color=”green” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fworldssps.org%2Fcommunion-with-others%2F||target:%20_blank|”][/vc_column][/vc_row]