Day 2 – Pentecost Novena – Communion with other Religious Congregations
The desire for communion is deeply embedded in the vision of Fr. Arnold for his three foundations, and it is achieved through our common spirituality and missionary charism. This desire is especially evident in the Quarter-Hour Prayer when we pray: “Let us all be one in him”. In “Lettera Consecrati”, Pope Francis expresses as an expectation: “Where there are religious, there is joy” and refers to religious (and other consecrated persons) as being “experts in communion”. The Pope also conveys his hope for a growth in communion between the members of different Institutes, and for us to work together, at the local and global levels, on projects involving formation, evangelization, and social action. (LC 1,3)
Spirit of Joy, fill our hearts
- We pray that all members of religious congregations may be true to their calling to be joyful witnesses of the Gospel.
- That we in consecrated life may respond to Pope Francis’ call to be “experts in communion”.
- That we may ever be open to the Spirit’s call to work together to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable in the society.
- That the three foundations of St. Arnold Janssen may grow together in deeper communion.
- That VIVAT International, Solidarity with South Sudan, the refugee project in Greece, (please include collaborative projects of the province), will always be signs of God’s joy and hope for communion among all peoples.